Lark (Seung-Lark) Lim, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Missouri - Kansas City
Associate Editor, Emotion
Associate Editor, Frontiers in Psychology - Emotion Science
- PI @ L.L.ANN (Lim Lab for Affective Neuroscience and Neuroeconomics)
- Ph.D, IndianaUniversity (2009)
- Research interests: Neurobiological mechanisms of cognitive-affective interactions and value-based decision-making, and their implications for affective-behavioral dysregulation in normal and clinical populations (e.g., anxiety disorder, addiction, eating disorder, obesity).
- Computational, behavioral and functional neuroimaging techniques (fMRI and EEG)
PSYCH 516. Advanced Graduate Statistics I
PSYCH 507. Advanced Cognitive Psychology: Cognition & Emotion
PSYCH 580. Methods and Applications in Psychophysiology (co-teaching with Dr. Fillon and Dr. McDowd)
PSYCH 316 . Quantitative Methods in Psychology
5030 Cherry St, Rm 355, Kansas City, MO 64110
- Norah Hass, M.A.
- 2013 Fall - present; email@example.com
- Clinical Ph.D program
- Research interests: Neurobiological and psychophysiological mechanisms underlying anxiety disorders, particularly post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as the psychological, physiological, and neurobiological influences of both traumatic brain injuries and anxiety disorders on emotional response, decision making, and cognitive processing.
- David Scott
- 2014 Fall - present; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Experimental Ph.D program
- Research interests: Neurobiological and neuropsychological mechanisms of addiction using brain imaging technique such as fMRI and EEG.
- 2015 Fall - present; email@example.com
- M.S. in Psychology (2011) @ Korea University
- Experimental Ph.D program
- Research interests: Computational modeling of decision-making in simple choices using psychophysiological recordings. Neurobehavioral mechanisms of decision-making involving mathematical problem solving.
If you are interested in applying Ph.D program to work at L.L.ANN, please email Dr. Lim.
If you are interested in joining L.L.ANN as a undergraduate research assistant, please contact Dr. Lim.
General requirements: Psychology Major, GPA > 3.0, PSY 210, PSY 316, PSY 302WI
- Yun-Joo Kim, Ph.D. (2016-2017). Full professor @ Hanyang Cyber University
- Kyung Mook Choi, Ph.D. (2015-2016). Choi, K.M.*, Scott, D.T.*, & Lim, S.L. (2016). The modulating effects of brain stimulation on emotion regulation and decision-making. Neuropsychiatric Electrophysiology, 2:4.link
- Yujung Oh (2013 Spring - 2016 Summer). Oh, Y., Hass, N.C., & Lim, S.L. (2016). Body weight can change how your emotions are perceived. PLoS ONE, 11: e0166753. link
- Molly Penrod (2014 Fall - 2016 Spring). - currently in graduate program @ College of William and Mary
- Nathan Keown (2016 Spring).
- Erik Schneider (2013 Spring - 2015 Summer). Hass, N.C. , Schneider, E.J., & Lim, S.L. (2015). Emotional expressions of old faces are perceived as more positive and less negative than young faces in young adults. Frontiers in Psychology, 6:1276. link
- Trent Weston (2013 Spring - 2015 Summer). (1) Weston, T.D., Hass, N.C. , & Lim, S.L. (2015). The effect of sad facial expressions on weight judgment. Frontiers in Psychology, 6:417. link; (2) Hass, N.C., Weston, T.D., & Lim, S.L. (2016). Be happy not sad for your youth: The effects of facial expression on age perception. PLoS ONE, 11(3): e0152093. link
- Megan Maddox (2014 Spring).
- Jarren Beck (2014 Spring).
- Marvelous Amayo (2013 Spring - 2013 Fall).
5030 Cherry St, Rm 220, Kansas City, MO 64110